Sleaford businesses have rejected a proposal to renew the BID which was set up in 2007. A ballot in July 2012 in the Lincolnshire town rejected plans to renew the BID. The BBC reports that residents want to keep the CCTV cameras, while John Elkington chair of the BID claims that the town “has a collection of individuals who only tend to look after their own businesses”. I wonder what they thought of him?
- Businesses in Bedfordshire vote against BID Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:05:10 +0000
- Petition to stop business improvement districts (BIDs) in the UK Sun, 05 Apr 2015 10:40:55 +0000
- Community newspaper exposes London BID campaign against homeless and Roma Fri, 03 Apr 2015 17:34:11 +0000
- Journal of UK BIDs has regular news reports on British business improvement districts Fri, 03 Apr 2015 17:15:15 +0000
- Bridgend business improvement district and its discontents Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:58:19 +0000