- Lively debate ahead of Southport BID ballot Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:20:34 +0000
- St Ives group critical of Cornish BID proposal Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:32:28 +0000
- Against BIDs Facebook group takes off Sun, 01 Dec 2013 19:39:43 +0000
- Traders in South Queensferry BID are refusing to pay levy Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:22:14 +0000
- Businesses on Mull, Iona and Ulva reject business improvement district Tue, 23 Apr 2013 23:18:30 +0000
Author Archives: no2bids
Southport BID goes to the ballot on 27 March 2014 and there is a lively debate taking place in the town. The BID if successful would levy 1.5 percent of rateable value of the eligible businesses.
A new group has set up in opposition to a business improvement district (BID) in St Ives, Cornwall. A Facebook Page — The BID Debate, St Ives — is taking a critical stance on the proposed BID.
We had a very nice email from the Against BID Facebook group saying they found our site very useful and wanted to thank us. We’re pleased to help and in return support them.
A number traders in a business improvement district in the Scottish town of South Queensferry are refusing to pay their BID levy because they believe the charge is too high and doesn’t return them enough benefits. The Queensferry Ambition BID charges … Continue reading
A proposal to establish a BID project on the Isle of Mull, Argyll, Scotland (http://www.mi-bid.co.uk/) was firmly rejected on the 21st March 2013. Aggregate Rateable Value: £1,934,440 Aggregate RV For the BID: £859,075 Aggregate RV Against: £729,370 Rateable … Continue reading
Traders in the Clarkston district of Glasgow want to end their BID after no improvement in three years. Jim Watt, who runs Cafe Roma with his son James, was served by sheriff’s officers on Monday with a £1300 bill for … Continue reading